The Inspectorate Department is one of the service departments of the NDE, saddled with the statutory responsibility of ensuring that programme implementation is consistent with policy directives, with a view to achieving set goals and objectives.
Statutory functions of the inspectorate department are:
- Inspection, monitoring and verification of all NDE programmes, projects and schemes.
- Coordination of programme activities to avoid duplication, conflicts and wastages.
- Providing feedback on the performance of programmes, projects and schemes to provide input for Management’s policy decisions.
- Verification of payment lists and clearing of trainees, trainers and instructors for payment.
- Liaising with local governments and other development partners for cooperation and support for the NDE job generation activities.
- Promoting NDE sponsored entrepreneurs through exhibitions, International trade fairs and other regional trade fairs, for example,
- Kaduna International Trade Fair
- Enugu International Trade Fair
- Lagos Trade Fair and (Regional Trade fairs)
The Inspectors of Programmes in the course of carrying out their routine duties of monitoring and verification, inspect the following:
- Inspection of training sites to authenticate the following:
- Trainees’ Identity Cards, Placement letters, log books and attendance registers.
- Inspection of beneficiaries’ projects and start-ups, monitoring loan repayment, to facilitate loan recovery.
- Evaluation of workshop premises, equipment and tools etc.
- Evaluation reports analysis of actual employment generated per scheme, by skill, by gender, geographical spread etc.
- Quarterly reports to Executive Management arises from state reports in order to resolve conflicts or address lapses arising from programme implementation. Offering counselling to the beneficiaries, where necessary.
- The NDE Sponsored entrepreneurs are promoted by exposing their products at various International trade fairs and micro job fairs through the following:
- Ensuring the host state’s readiness to host the exhibition.
- Selecting and preparing the NDE beneficiaries to exhibit at the fair.
- Ensuring the NDE Pavilion at the fair is constructed to a specified standard.
- Ensuring adequate logistics such as furniture, stand-by generating-set, security, etc., to create a conducive environment for the exhibitors.
Staging of the NDE day in order to sensitize the general public on the Directorate activities and its efforts at combating unemployment etc.