Mrs. Henrietta Ifeoma Achigbu is NDE’s Director Planning Research & Statistics with responsibility for all aspects of the agency’s strategy and investments, including program strategy and ventures and acquisitions.
Throughout her more than 20-year career with NDE, Mrs. Achigbu has served in various capacities in the NDE some of which are mentioned below: –
- Training and Establishment Officer
- Desk Officer Pension
- Assistant Pension Board Secretary
- Secretary to the NDE Board
- Director Inspectorate Department
- Director Small Scale Enterprises Department
- Director Special Public Works Department
- Acted for the NDE Director-General while away on official assignments
And has has helped in the following ways: –
- Putting together a robust training policy for the Directorate.
- Repositioning the Pension Office of the NDE as the Pension Desk Officer
- Brought excellent service to the Board Secretariat of the NDE to the commendation of the Board Members and Management
- As Director of four Departments at different periods, Mrs. Achigbu brought discipline, reduced absenteeism amongst staff as well as various innovations to the activities of those departments
- Represented the Director-General at different occasions/Fora
Mrs. Achigbu joined NDE in 1987 as one of the pioneer staff and rose through the ranks to become a Director with the NDE in January 2012.
After her primary and secondary education in Enugu and Nsukka respectively, she left for Lagos where she did her Higher School Certificate Education at the Federal School of Arts and Science Victoria Island, Lagos from 1979 to 1981. Thereafter, she proceeded to the University of Lagos (UNLAG) for her first degree (Hons) in Philosophy.
Mrs. Achigbu did her National Youth Service with the Nigerian Customs Service, Oyo State Area Command, Ibadan from 1984 to 1985.
Immediately after the Youth Service, she went back for her Masters degree program at UNILAG and acquired an MSc in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management by December, 1986.
Mrs. Achigbu is an associate member with the Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria.