OKONKWO, Ngozi Monica is a descendant of the Royal Nwakanwa-Ogeli family of Obiuno-Umudim, Nnewi in Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State. She is the last but one daughter of Peter Uzochukwu Okonkwo (Okonkwo Jos) of blessed memory and Ezinne Theresa Amailo Okonkwo (nee Okwuowulu).
Ngozi is a Council Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) since May 2011. She has an Executive Certificate in Leaders in Development from the prestigious Harvard Kennedy Schools, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
She holds the underlisted Academic Qualifications:
- National Diploma and Higher National Diploma in Business Admin. & Management Studies,
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting,
- Maters of Science in both Banking & Finance and Accounting, and
- Doctor of Philosophy in Accounting.
In addition, Ngozi has the underlisted Professional Qualifications:
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN),
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN),
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN),
- Certified Forensic Accountant (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria,
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), USA,
- Certificate in International Financial Reporting (IFRS), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), United Kingdom, and
- Fellow Certified Forensic Investigation Professional, International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals (IICFIP), United States of America.
Before her 1st appointment on 10th April 2014 as the Special Adviser to the Executive Governor of Anambra State on Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), Ngozi was the Principal Partner of NGOZI MONICA OKONKWO & CO (Chartered Accountants and Fraud Examiners), from March 2002. Due to her Professionalism and diligence, she was appointed the Accountant General of the State with effect from 1st January 2015 to assist her State. On the 23rd March 2018 she was appointed as the Special Adviser on Efficiency, Training and Motivation.
Some of her services to the Public include:
- Public Relation Officer, Forum of Accountant Generals in Nigeria (2015-2018),
- Member Representing the South East Geopolitical Zone, Revenue Mobilization Allocation & Fiscal Commission (FAAC Post Mortem Sub–Committee) (2016-2018),
- Member, The Federation Accounts Allocation Technical Committee (2015-2018),
- Board Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Port Harcourt Chapter
- Board Member, International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals (IICFIP), Nigeria Chapter,
- Member, Governing Council of Onitsha Business School, Onitsha, etc.